03 September 2009

My Summer Jams of 2009

To kick off Labor Day weekend, I am moving the summer jam list, which has been steadily growing in the sidebar since May, into the blog proper. So here they are, the 10 songs I just couldn't get enough of this summer:

#1 Raindrops, Basement Jaxx
#2 The Reeling (Calvin Harris Remix), Passion Pit
#3 Yeah Yeah Yeah La La La, Calvin Harris
#4 Supernova, Mr. Hudson
#5 Ready for the Weekend, Calvin Harris
#6 Animal, Miike Snow
#7 Holiday, Dizzee Rascal
#8 Never Leave You, Tinchy Stryder
#9 Feeling's Gone, Basement Jaxx
#10 The Rain, Calvin Harris

And these are the runners-up:
- Ready for the Weekend (High Contrast Remix), Calvin Harris
- We Are Golden, MIKA
- Heartbeats, Burns
- Fascination, La Roux

I tried to limit myself to songs that were actually released this summer, but if one were to ignore that rule, the following songs would also be contenders:
- Magic, Robin Thicke
- You're An Ocean, Fastball
- Heartbreak, The Magistrates

.... And I think the first song of the fall is "The Spell," by Alphabeat ....