14 June 2010

A Few Poems: January to June 2010

#1
What am I waiting for
the unknowing
of souls and truth
out of practice
I have forgotten how to move
paralyzed and twisted
eager and unsure
too many variables
taunting from future time and space
reality unable to maintain
the movements of my mind
impossible to broach so many
unknowns struggling for control
out of reach and fluttering


#2
True north lost to tides
of emotion and stars misaligned
sustaining strength drained away
with one grievous blow
to the gut, punished
because I did not listen
to its wisdom, strangling
away the nagging doubts
flowing through my veins
I want my blood back
to steel myself with its iron
until I am lost again


#3
A dream floating in and out
of my sights ephemeral
and shimmering
not quite seeming real
but grasping
my sinews, drawing out
my longing
yearning for warmth


#4
Life frozen in fragments
of glitterball beams
mystic purple floating and perfect
to sweet chords and flashes
of swimming lights and lasers
like the future come to now


#5
Like a gem inside
a strong, silent glass
case of your own
design. Precious
and cherished from afar
rigid beauty beckoning
yet unobtainable


#6
Future promises lifted
to the surface cradled
in hands held high and reaching
carried and borne on tides of light
shimmering and flowing
with the pulse of possibility


#7
You are a reflection
of my unfolding life
a distorted mirror of dreams
and fantastical realities
wishes unfulfilled
and twisted truths that soothe

You are the other side of the looking-glass
the road less travelled and all
that could have been, is
for better or worse
in far away futures
as we grow old

*not in chronological order

No comments: