As written in tweets and emails to the Brit:
Part I, 2:37am:
RT @vesper385: So um yeah...... I need to see that on a normal size screen so I don't have to concentrate so hard on making my eyes work
Part II, 2:41am:
RT @vesper385: Inception (I saw the IMAX) is not the best film ever but definitely worthwhile. Be prepared to work your brain muscle!
Part III, 2:44am:
Saw that ending coming from miles away. And they definitely could have made music work a lot harder for them. Film was an odd mix of low brow and insanely smart. Plus, the IMAX was too much to take in. Spent as much brain power processing the moving image as I did keeping tabs on the plot.
Part IV, 11:31am:
RT @vesper385: good, but not great. very smart, but also lots of typical blockbuster tropes. worth seeing, but don't think imax is a must
Part V, 12pm:
It's a good film, but not great. I enjoyed JoGo and Tom Hardy. Ellen Page slightly less annoying than usual. Good performance from Leo. The interplay of the multiple time-lines was handled well. Ending could have been much better. I really do think I need to see it again (not in IMAX), though I'm not sure that will alter my opinion very much.
Meanwhile, I pretty much agree with this excellent analytical piece from Ain't It Cool News (warning: spoilers!). And this post from /Film makes the wonderful point: "It has dozens of rules that need to be introduced, and by God, it’s going to spend every available minute of that first hour explaining them to you."
It's hard to truly get into a movie when you are looking for gimmicks and second guessing everything, which was my mindset while viewing Inception based on previous Nolan experiences and what I already knew about the film from blogs, reviews, friends, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment