The food and experience was just as good as it had been on my first visit. SHO certainly has inventiveness and consistent quality down pat. The staff is also fantastic - friendly and welcoming with not a snobby bone in anyone's body.
The lighting wasn't good enough for me to photograph the menu, and it was too long to transcribe into my BlackBerry at the time, but I think I have cobbled the menu together pretty well from memory. A few details may be off here and there, but I think I've captured the the gist of the dishes. Pictures courtesy of my cousin and his iPhone.
Goat Cheese Panna Cotta, Beet Jelly, Hazelnut
Foie Gras Truffles
Amuse
Carrot Foam, Gnocchi, Cognac
Garden of Spring
Tendrils, Cucumber Blossoms, Orange Ricotta, Fava Bean Puree, White Balsamic
Otoro
Sesame Ginger Dressing
64 Degree Knoll Krest Egg
Chilled White Asparagus Soup, Caviar, Herb Crumb
Seared Lobster
Baby Bok Choy, Cucumber, Coconut Red Curry Sauce
Lamb Tenderloin
Lamb Belly, Lamb Sweatbread, 3 Potatoes [Yukon, Blue, and Russett(?)], Roasted Garlic, Scallion Spear, Onion Yogurt Sauce
Grilled Pineapple
Passion Fruit Creme, Black Sesame Tuille, Coconut Ice Cream
Carmello
I also took my cousin to Burger Joint at the Parker Meridien for lunch on Saturday (the line was insane because it was raining, but of course the burger was well worth the wait) and to Mile End in Brooklyn for Montreal smoked meat and poutine (below) on Sunday. The wait was 25 minutes because it was a gorgeous day, but the food was again well worth it. Montreal smoked meat is like a cross between pastrami, corned beef, and Texas BBQ brisket; in other words, Heaven. Highly recommended!

No comments:
Post a Comment