24 May 2011

Glasvegas - Bowery Ballroom - 23 May

The new album is Euphoric /// Heartbreak \\\, and my own euphoria can be summed up in three songs from Glasvegas's tour de force club show at Bowery: "Go Square Go," "Daddy's Gone," and "Geraldine" - all such great sing-alongs during which James gladly let the audience take over while he happily mugged and soaked up the admiration pulsating in waves through the intimate setting.

Shows like this remind me why I love my favorite bands (especially the ones that are guilty pleasures), why I love live music, and why Bowery is my favorite venue in the city. Of course it didn't hurt that I was right up front against the stage, which just happens to be my usual and preferred Glaswegian spotting zone. The rowdy camaraderie of Glasvegas shows always make me miss England and also make me want to go to a live sporting event ASAP, because the vibe is almost the same.

I got some great pics, thanks in part to my great spot, James's being damn photogenic, and great lighting (no blinding strobes! I was shocked!). Also, their new drummer is fun and fits well with the band, even though her hair is a hot mess.




















No comments: