I realized that it has been a very long time since I have posted any poems. I have been jotting them down here and there in my pocket notebook or using the notepad function of my phone. My poems tend to be short these days as they mostly take the form of a few lines that come to me here and there. Sometimes those few lines inspire a few more, and sometimes they are content to remain on their own. First or second drafts as usual.
#1
A distant memory
calling, tugging
at the corners
of my mind as a wind
whispers sweet words
uttered time ago, already
wisping away and faint
like the evening
hills in the mist of purple
river dusk
#2
Five o'clock and I'm feeling
wistful for younger days
when we were free and cares
did not enter into equations
of time, goals did not exist
on the small scale of days
and you in my arms, I in yours
two dreamers' dreams intertwined
skipping and shooting
like glimmering stars
dancing on sunset waters
#3
Living sad beauty
knowing all that is lost
we die a little
#4
I remember being happy
then among pulsing
disco lights and beaming
smiles just because
#5
Crazy lights and souls
rushing by teeming
with life and possibility
onward
toward promises undefined
and waiting
at the end of tunnels
and on top of glass curtains
where they can evaporate
and fragment like sunlight
against the prismatic horde
below
#6
Live out your dreams
street theater of the mind
all players on stage
#7
Friday nights with the wild
winter wind and all
that possibility stretching
out and flying among
the warm glowing lights
and voices of small people
not realizing their destinies
are found in the cold night
air of the city held at bay
by dark heavy coats
No comments:
Post a Comment