"The only people for me are the punctual ones, the ones who are mad to arrive on time, mad to conduct interviews, mad to be in a meticulous documentary on BBC2, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a common-place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centrelight pop and everybody goes, 'That was a really well-made tribute film about Jack Kerouac.'"I used to (and may still) have a poster from Uni with the actual Kerouac quote on it. When I went to Russell's book signing he went on about Kerouac for a bit in response to an audience question. That was delightful on its own, but makes so much more sense now that I know he worked on a Kerouac documentary project. Not that Russell couldn't wax poetic on Kerouac without that background; he seems a very smart chap.
09 November 2010
Brand + Kerouac = Perfection
I am two-thirds of the way through Russell Brand's Booky Wook 2 and it is a delight, due in large part to passages like this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment