06 December 2010

2010-2011 Bowl Games

Let's hear it for the Frogs! You know you've got it good when all your bowl games are in January. TCU is going to the Rose Bowl, and I probably am too.  It will be my first ever live bowl game and I am super psyched; I haven't seen live college football since 2005, and the Texas in me is feeling rather deprived. Also, I need to do some serious Frog-throwing (no actual frogs, horned or otherwise, will actually be thrown) to make up for lost time.

I am thrilled that we have finally made it to an extremely legit BCS bowl game with Boise State nowhere in sight. No denying #3, baby! Say goodbye to fluke losses to North Mississippi State screwing up our slim BCS hopes in 2003, to bowl games in our own stadium, and to garish blue astroturf.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Heller teams didn't fair too badly either, with 5 out of six (we are academic overachievers - six schools for three people) finishing in the top 25 (4 of them in the top 10!).  Poor Louisiana Tech, we still love you.

1 January
1pm Capital One Bowl: Michigan State v. Alabama
5pm Rose Bowl: TCU v. Wisconsin

4 January
8:30pm Allstate Sugar Bowl: Ohio State v. Arkansas (an honorable mention game due to a close friend's being a Buckeye)

7 January
8pm AT&T Cotton Bowl: LSU v. Texas A&M (a Heller v. Heller match-up)

10 January
8:30pm Tostitos BCS National Championship Game: Auburn v. Oregon

No comments: