10 December 2010

Best of 2010: Concert Pics

I often take my best pictures unexpectedly, and this is always pleasing. Below are my ten favorite pics from shows I've attended this year. I am most proud of my LCD shots from Terminal 5, which came out surprisingly clear and/or interestingly considering I was standing all the way at the back of the room in front of the sound/light board.

If there is any theme to these photos, it seems to be contrast and unusual colors, which make up for the lack of clarity and sharpness that my point-and-shoot delivers (but at least it's water proof!). Of course there is also the fact that I can't help but be taken in and mesmerized by well executed stage lighting. I still sort of wish I had done that lighting minor back when I had the chance, but for now I can capture the visions that go with the sounds I hold dear.

Click through on each photo to see it at full-size.


 Daniel Merriweather, Gramercy Theatre, 26 January


 La Roux, Webster Hall, 11 February


 LCD Soundsystem, Music Hall of Williamsburg, 8 April


 Carter Gravatt of Carbon Leaf, Highline Ballroom, 15 April


 LCD Soundsystem, Terminal 5, 21 May


  LCD Soundsystem, Terminal 5, 21 May


  LCD Soundsystem, Terminal 5, 21 May


 Jamie Lidell, Webster Hall, 18 September


 Mark Ronson, Music Hall of Williamsburg, 11 October


Calvin Harris, Roseland Ballroom, 30 October

No comments: