28 December 2009

Concert Conundrum : Cheap Trick v. Daniel Merriweather

This isn't really THAT big of a conundrum, but in the spirit of posting about conflicts on my show calendar, here it is. 

Cheap Trick tix were free from one of my credit cards.  I had Cheap Trick, Norah Jones, Ben Harper, and Moby to choose from.  However, Moby wasn't really a choice becuase I had a non-concert conflict with that date.  Despite the fact that I only know two Cheap Trick songs ("I Want You to Want Me" and that song of theirs that is on the Top Gun soundtrack) that is one more song than I know of Ben Harper ("Steal My Kisses" clearly), and I feel that Norah Jones would probably put me to sleep.  Since this is for a Soundstage taping, I can't imagine that the event organizers would be that pleased with an audience member jolting herself awake every few minutes.

Daniel Merriweather's show was supposed to be on 6 February, and I was super psyched because he gives a top notch live show.  I'd rather listen to him live than on CD, so he has been added to my list of artists I MUST see live, no matter what.  Unfortunately, when I went to actually purchase a ticket, the show had been moved to 26 Januray, the same night as the free Cheap Trick show.  Since Cheap Trick is free and I didn't really care about seeing them, Daniel won this round.

I am still bummed that I can't take advantage of a free show though :( but if you want to see Cheap Trick for free, let me know.